Your visit to Nairobi, Kenya cannot be complete without visiting the Giraffe Manor. You are in for an experience of a lifetime in the heart of Kenya. Living with cats and dogs running around the house is one thing everyone can experience. You can even travel around your neighborhood and walk around some other animals. How does living around giraffes sound? This is the type of experience you will have at the Giraffe Manor, a luxurious guest house facility located in the up market Langatta suburb of Nairobi.
There are plenty of things to do at this magnificent hotel. The mansion, built in the 1930s, is placed on 12 acres of private land and surrounded by 140 acres of indigenous forest. The gardens, the fashionable interiors, the mesmerizing sunsets, and courtyards offer an amazing experience. Some say that staying here is like living inside a safari. But what truly sets Giraffe Manor apart is the herd of Rothschild giraffe that visit the complex during the morning and evening hoping for a treat.
The giraffes will poke into the windows before going into the forest.
The hotel offers many attractions. Five of these are very well-promoted and are as follows:
- Since giraffes usually make their appearance in the morning, you are offered a delightful breakfast in the company of one or two.
- The sanctuary offers a guided tour or you can simply stroll down the lawn.
- The hotel complex is located fairly close to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust facility where you can meet, feed, and adopt a baby elephant.
- You can have a tour of local museums to learn more about the history of European settlers in Africa.
- With a beautiful view of the Ngong Hills, you can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea as you watch the sunset behind the hills.
A truly unique place to be with a very high profile. A must in your trip to the glorious Africa.